in Literatur blättern
Bibliographische Angaben zur Publikation
Vocational rehabilitation of multiple sclerosis - MS - patients: I. Analysis of clinical and demographic factors
International Rehabilitation Medicine, 1982, Volume 4 (Number 2), Seite 75-79, Basel: EULAR Publishers, ISSN: 0379-0797
The vocational status of 299 multiple sclerosis (MS) patients in Israel, aged 17 to 50 years, was examined. This represents 30 per cent of the MS patients in Israel. It was found that 58 per cent of the patients continued working. Of the remaining 42 per cent, 24 per cent were severely disabled, but 18 per cent had working potential.
A comparison was made between patients located up to 1971, and those located between 1971 and 1974. The latter series benefitted from earlier follow-up, yielding a population with more recent onset of the illness. They were also younger, and differed from the first series in a number of other social and demographic aspects. The shorter duration and younger age of onset did not affect the percentage working, but did provide a higher percentage with working potential.
Higher educational level was associated with continuation of work. Neither type of occupation nor work history had influence in this regard. The severity of the disease, and of some aspects in particular, had a deleterious influence.
Informationen in der ICF:
Zeitschriftenbeitrag / Forschungsergebnis
Um Literatur zu beziehen, wenden Sie sich bitte an Bibliotheken, die Herausgeber, den Verlag oder an den Buch- und Zeitschriftenhandel.